The Board of Directors are fellow unit owners who are elected at the annual owner’s meeting. The board’s powers and duties normally include such things as:
- Enforcing provisions of the declaration, articles, and bylaws for the ownership and management of the development.
- Paying taxes and assessments that are, or could become, a lien on the common area.
- Contracting for insurance on behalf of the association.
- Contracting for goods or services for the common areas or for the association.
- Delegating powers to any committees, officers, or employees of the association as authorized by the governing documents.
- Preparing budgets and financial statements for the association.
- Formulating rules of operation for the common areas and facilities, and
- Conducting disciplinary proceedings against members of the association for rule violations.
Clearly, being a board member can be a serious commitment of (unpaid!) time and energy.
NEWLY ELECTED BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR 2019
President, Bert Dantin (email@example.com)
Vice-President, Rob Quarles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer, Cathy LeBouef (email@example.com)
Secretary, Cindy Dantin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Board of Director, Andrew Sluyter (email@example.com)
Alternate, Bill Plick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Property Managed by: Lewis Companies